How do I dispose of medicines?
Disposal of medicine ingress
The best way to dispose of medicine is to take them to a pharmacy.
Disposal of medicine
Which medicines should be disposed of?
• Medicines that have expired.
• Medicines that have remained unused.
How should medicines be disposed of?
• The medicines to be disposed of must be taken to a pharmacy or other collection point for medicines, because medicines are hazardous waste the disposal of which requires special measures to be taken.
• Mercury thermometers, iodine and bromine must be kept separate from other pharmaceutical waste, because they complicate the treatment of other pharmaceutical waste at the hazardous waste treatment plant.
• Medicines may not be disposed of with household waste.