How do I store medicines?
Instructions for storing medicine are primary found from the medicine package.
Where can I find storage instructions for medicines?
• On the side of the medicine package and from the package leaflet.
• The shelf life of the medicine can also be checked from its packaging. The marking “EXP 12–2022” means that the medicine can be used until the end of December 2022.
At which temperature should the medicine be stored?
• Medicines are usually stored in room temperature (18–25°C).
• Some medicines have to be stored in a fridge (+2–+8°C).
• If no particular storage instructions are specified on the package and in the package leaflet, the product does not require any special storage conditions.
What can humidity do to medicines?
• It accelerates the breakdown of medicinal substances.
• It affects the appearance of medicines.
• It affects the composition of medicines.
What can UV radiation from the sun do to medicines?
• It breaks down the medicinal substance.
• It makes the medicinal substance react with another substance.
Store medicines at correct temperatures, protected from light and in a dry place
• Usually, the best storage place is a locked closet that is located in the parents’ bedroom, for example.